This function is directly responsible to the county assembly service board.
- Reconciliation of budget allocations with monthly expenditure summaries
- Ensuring County Assembly assets i.e. plant and equipment, supplies, stores e.t.c. are appropriately recorded in the relevant registers and are maintained and kept safely.
- Undertaking a variety of audit assignment relating to pre-audit of payments, evaluation and review of internal control systems and report on any weaknesses.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of existing financial regulations and establish the level of compliance in practice.
- Compiling and preparing monthly reports to the County Assembly Board based on audit observations made.
- Organization, planning and control of audit activities.