The Committee shall consist of a Chairperson and not more than four other Members. They include:
1. Hon. Godfrey Muchiri Murithi- Chairperson
2. Hon. Mwenda Julius Gataya.
3. Hon. Jones Kabii Kinegeni.
4. Hon. Erastus Kinyua.
5. Hon. Nthiga Milcent Morgan.
The functions of the Committee shall be to –
- Investigate, inquire into and report on all matters related to coordination, control and monitoring of the county budget.
- Discuss and review the estimates and make recommendations to the Assembly.
- Examine the County Fiscal Strategy Paper presented to the Assembly.
- Examine Bills related to the County budget, including Appropriation Bills and the Finance Bill.
- Examine and consider all matters related to public finance, monetary policies and public debt.
- Evaluate tax estimates, economic and budgetary policies and programmes with direct budget outlays.
- Consider the reports of the Controller of Budget on the implementation of the annual county budget.
- In accordance with the Public Finance Management Act, examine the levels of county public debt and proposals for limitation of expenditure on the wages of public officers serving in the county.
The Finance, Budget and Appropriations Committee constituted by the Assembly immediately following the general election shall serve for a period of three calendar years and that constituted thereafter shall serve for the remainder of the Assembly term.
The Committee shall invite only the Chairpersons of all Sectoral Committees to make presentations during the consideration of the Budget.