1. Hon. Wilson Nyaga- Chairperson
2. Hon. Bernard Mutegi.
3. Hon. John Nyaga Mucee.
4. Hon. Anita Karimi.
5. Hon. Karen Karimi.
(1) There shall be a committee to be designated the County Public Investment and Accounts Committee.
(2) The County Public Investments and Accounts Committee shall be responsible for‑
(a) in respect of the accounts of the County Government‑
- the examination of the annual reports of the Auditor General on the accounts relating to the appropriations of the sum voted by the Assembly to meet the public expenditure for the County Government, including the Assembly; and,
- the examination of any other reports of the Auditor General on public funds relating to the County, including specialized reports and special reports submitted by the Auditor General on his own motion or following a request of the Assembly in accordance with the law relating to Public Audit.
(b) in respect of County Government Entities‑
- the examination of the annual reports of the Auditor General on the accounts of county government entities, including county corporations;
- the examining of any recommendation from the Auditor General relating to withholding of funds to a county government entity or a county corporation;
- the examination of proposals from the county executive to declare a county corporation to be a county government entity; and,
- where a report is not available, the examination, in the context of the autonomy and efficiency of the county public investments, whether the affairs of the county public investments, are being managed in accordance with sound financial or business principles and prudent commercial practices.
(3) The Committee may, in respect of a County Government-Linked Entity, inquire into the commercial affairs of the entity with a view to examining the prudence and commercial effectiveness of the continued investment of the County in the entity.
(4) The Public Investments and Accounts Committee may examine the commercial effectiveness of the County Government’s investment in a county government entity or a county corporation, including proposals for divestiture.
(5) The Public Investments and Accounts Committee shall not examine the following matters as they relate to county government entities, including county corporations and county government-linked entities –
- matters of policy as distinct from business or commercial functions of the public investments in the County;
- matters of day-to-day administration; and,
- matters for the consideration of which machinery is established by any special statute under which a particular county government entity, including county corporations or county government-linked is established.
(6) The County Public Investments and Accounts Committee shall consist of a chairperson who shall be a member elected by the Committee from amongst the members of the Committee nominated from the minority party or coalition of parties in the Assembly and not more than four other Members.
(7) The County Public Investments and Accounts Committee shall elect a chairperson and vice-chairperson from amongst its members.
(8) The County Public Investments and Accounts Committee constituted by the Assembly immediately following the general election shall serve for a period of three calendar years and that constituted thereafter shall serve for the remainder of the Assembly term.