- Drafting of private members bills.
- Drafting of amendments of bills to be proposed to the assembly by any member of assembly or any committee of assembly.
- Giving legal interpretation of Acts and bills and generally giving legal advice on matters relating to the County Assembly service.
- Providing legal advice to the County Assembly, assembly committees, the speaker, the assembly service board and the Clerk.
- Ensuring that all bills passed by the county assembly comply with the constitution.
- Liaising with the office of the County Attorney on litigation matters involving the County Assembly service.
- Legal representation of the county assembly and the County Assembly service board in court proceedings.